University Archivist And Records Manager Jobs Vacancy in King Abdullah University Science And Technology ثول
King Abdullah University Science And Technology ثول urgently required following position for University Archivist And Records Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
University Archivist And Records Manager Jobs Vacancy in King Abdullah University Science And Technology ثول Jobs Details:
- Lead all planning, policy-making, and other strategic activities related to the acquisition, description, and preservation of University Records.
- Work closely with repository and systems staff to design and implement archival collections with appropriate preservation and access solutions.
- Work closely with the Library management to identify strategic areas for growth, change and adjustment in the Library’s Archives and Records Management program.
- Partner with offices across the university (e.g., Policy Office, Legal, Finance, Human Resources, IT, Research office, etc.) to develop records management procedures and practices, including retention and disposal schedules that meet administrative and legal requirements;
- Manage the University Records Center (semi-active records storage and retrieval service);
- Advise and assist with the disposal of University records and other records management issues. Arrange for secure disposal of records;
- Maintain active and professional involvement with ARMA, ICA and other international associations to ensure that University approaches and practices to records management remain up to date.
- Represent KAUST at international and regional professional associations and contribute to the advancement of archival theory and digital preservation practices
- Report regularly to University leadership on the state of the Archives
- Demonstrable experience implementing records management solutions, particularly in a born-digital organization or in one that supports moving toward a sustainable, paperless records program
- Demonstrable knowledge of strategies developed or adopted by the archival and digital preservation communities for managing born-digital archival material.
- Experience with tools and software used to capture, manage, and deliver born-digital records
- Experience with digital archiving tools
- Demonstrated ability to prepare records retention schedules
- Excellent English communication skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience working in higher education or the nonprofit sector is an asset
Experience with legal and ethical issues associated with archival collections.